Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friendly advice

Hi!

Today I have been thinking about good advice. Mainly because I have needed to dish some out! And partly because of my friend JJ.

JJ and I haven't been friends that long, but she has become a pretty good friend - she is also my friendly advisor on all things craft! She knits and stuff, but she is also a designer, so has a pretty good eye. She is also very frank.

Earlier this week she was telling me how much she liked my blog and mentioned that the last post was in August - tsk tsk. It made me realise, I HAVE to make time for my precious blog and not let it slide into obscurity!

So thank you JJ for reminding me not to half finish a project!

In honor of JJ's contributions to my craft world, I thought I would talk about crochet (she knits, I can't.So crochet it is)

So I literally only learnt how to crochet 2 weeks ago, I am starting out small and making a scarf (?) unfortunately I am not convinced that I completely have the hang of it all yet and whilst the stitches all look lovely, the scarf is a rather unusual shape, it looks a bit like a Cobra! I was aiming for something like the picture below (pattern is from Idiots Guide to Knitting and Crochet), but I am not yet convinced that it's ever going to look like that.

However on a more positive note I am totally made up that I have learnt to crochet and even if my scarf never ever looks like a scarf, at least I made it.

The one unfortunate thing about learning to crochet is that I now have another craft stash requirement - wool! Ooh wool is so yummy - check out the main picture, I can feel an obsession coming on and a large sigh from Hubby!

Cx

p.s JJ just incase you didn't realise this posting is dedicated to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx