Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer has arrived - at last!


Hello!

It's been a busy 2 weeks and summer seems to have arrived - it's been glorious. Really nice to put away the winter wear and get out the dresses and sandals.

This weekend Hubby and I have been putting the new blinds up - annoyingly it would appear I measured 2 of the windows wrong, which is an expensive mistake. Next time Hubby WILL check my measurements. It hasn't all been DIY though, my parent's popped over for brunch on Saturday, which was fun and Hubby and I went to dinner at the local Italian and sat outside in the fading sunshine drinking wine - awesome.

On Sunday I finally took some photos of the things I have been making over the last couple of weeks. Today's main picture is of an anniversary card I made for friends using an idea I saw on Indulgy - great site for inspiration. I think this is a clever idea and there is another version using die cut stars, that's next on my list. I used my brand new super duper Woodware heart punch - long overdue purchase in my opinion.

I've been making cards for a couple of large orders and as the customers weren't fussy about what designs they got, it meant I got to try out some new ideas.

First up are these thank you cards - I really like using tall / DL cards, but it means my embossing folders aren't long enough, so I used some sticky ribbon to create a break so you don't realise that I actually can't emboss the entire strip of paper. The sentiment is stamped on a die cut shape and as I mentioned in my previous post, these cards are a variation of the previous butterfly cards. I like this sewing on cards thing. I am pleased with how these ones came out.

Thank You Butterflies

Thank You Butterflies Purple
In my previous post I showed you a template that I had modified slightly - here's a picture. I basically cut rectangles of card, that I could lay over the printed cake tiers and stitched them in place. I then used glitter glue for the candle and around the cake tiers. Unfortunately my photo is a bit blurry, but they look amazing in real life - honest!

Stitched Tiered Cake
I thought I'd treat myself and enter a challenge - I liked the sketch on Mojo Monday 242 - here is my version of it.


I used grey canford card, the star paper was free, Lettering Delights ice-cream, Martha Stewart punch and a blue sparkly adhesive dot. I think it's fun....maybe it needs a sentiment.

It was quite a nice break to make something for a challenge. I have a few more things to show you that are for the orders. However, I think post is getting super long! So I'll save those for my last post in May, which will also be my last post before Hubby and I head to NYC. Yes I am super excited and yes I am heading to Michael's.

I know that I always seem to be heading to Michael's when I on my holibobs, but this time I have a legitimate reason. JT is away at the moment and we have agreed to do a $20 craft challenge. Basically we have to buy each other $20 of craft goodies - it can be lots of little things or one big thing, but we get to choose things that we think the other one might like and might not buy. This is a great idea and I think one we are going to be using for quite some time.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx