Friday, June 21, 2013

Weddings and Anniversaries..


Happy Friday everyone.

Good news here in NYC, I have had the final part of my work documentation approved, just need to wait for the official notice and then back to work I go. So I'll be enjoying the time I have left!

I thought we'd have a departure from birthday's and the like, also as I received my new Stamping Bella stamp earlier in the week, I have been itching to use it :)

The main photo is a Wedding card for our friends Jenn and Steve - they are getting married in July and unfortunately only Hubby can go - partly finance, but partly because it's too soon to introduce someone new to the Furchildren....a move to a different Country is enough in one year!

I have no idea if they will be theming their Wedding pink, but I felt it suited their blondness :) The heart paper is an old fave by Pink Petticoat and the sentiment is from my new Pebbles banner stamp set.

Here's a detail shot, so you can hopefully see the glitter on the dress.

Dress detail
I am head over heels in love with this stamp (even though the flowers are a *bleep* to colour in) and I am going to make a couple of variations to sell on Etsy.

The next card is an Anniversary card for our friends Lora and Dan - they are such a fun couple and when JT gifted me this stamp I thought of them instantly.

Happy Anniversary
I did a bit of retouching (hoping that Kenny K won't mind) but I wanted to make it less wedding. Here is the original stamp.


I removed the veil behind the groom, the bouquet and the arm that was holding it. I think it works better this way for an Anniversary. Please note how thrifty I have been, as I used a remnant of the heart paper from the Wedding card.

The final big news for this week is related to this post..basically this post means I have equalled the number of posts from 2012 - which is pretty superb as it's only June!! I have been trying really hard to keep the posts regular and I was succeeding until the big move, now I am back on track - lets see if I can hit the 100 mark this year, then I can take my foot off of the gas next year (maybe)

Have a great Friday and a fun weekend...Hubby and I are off to eat BBQ with our new friends this weekend.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Love the stamping bella wedding stamp but I really love the retouching you did for the Kenny K - it looks like a completely different stamp! Clever bean.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx