Thursday, September 5, 2013

Oops!


Ha ha yesterday I mentioned my shiny new noticeboard that I made myself, but I forgot to show a photo of it (think I was tired as I worked so late the night before).

So today's main photo is my new noticeboard.

I made it by modifying a reasonably priced one (Target $12) by Board Dudes..I wanted a board that you can pin stuff on and use magnets..fussy fussy.

I used my hot glue gun (for the first time ever..) and it wasn't quite as scary as I thought it would be! I used Ikea fabric that I bought to make the lampshades for our flat in London and masking tape on the back around the edges of the fabric, to make it all tidy.

On the lovely new noticeboard you can see magnetic pots - $1.50 for 2 from Michaels - I am planning on filling them with things that I use often, but can't keep in reach due to logistics..so far I have googly eyes in the white one (Hubby's suggestion) and fabric bows in the yellow one. Also on there are x2 images I created using stencils and distress inks.

Stenciling is new for me and I am pleased at how well they have come out. Here is another one -

Love Stencil
I am going to buy some more inks tonight on my way home and have a bit more of a play...I got a big pack of stencils for free with a magazine ages ago, so I have lots of choice.

Final photo for today shows the noticeboard in relation to my desk - sorry the photo is a bit dark.

Noticeboard - in situ
Cx



4 comments:

  1. I am glad you decided to post the missing photo! Great make. Love that fabric. It makes me want to get my colouring pens out. Have a great week. Helen (from WOYWW) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! You were the only one that noticed, so I wanted to post it for you. Did you know that Ikea do fabric that you can actually colour in! Cx

      Delete
  2. Stenciling? Interessant. LIke the result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the notice board, you did a fabulous job on it! Looks very professional! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx