Thursday, December 19, 2013

Birthday wishes..


Hey there!

After a nightmare day at work yesterday I decided I would make a couple of things to cheer myself up! One of the things I made is a birthday card following the Retro Sketches #94 challenge this week -


I needed to make a birthday card for a friend, who has an early January birthday.

I settled on green as my main colour and then used patterned papers to fit the sketch - a mix from American Crafts and Pink Petticoat. I love these huge flowers by Dovecraft, they are so easy to use, but it has to be the right card for them, as they are so big. Button is also by Dovecraft and the twine and blingy bits are from my stash.

I had a really hard time finding a 'Happy Birthday' that worked in the space for me..I finally settled on the one you see, which is from a free set. I went with it because it has a bit of a combination of elegance and funkiness. A bit like my card I think :)

Oh and finally spot the obvious mistake......the grid paper is not on the card straight?! How did that happen!

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Claire… you are right - it's both funky and elegant… what a great combination. I love the papers and flower and think the graph paper looks really cool the way it is!! :-)
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use of that big green flower! I always struggle to use them but you make a good feature of them.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx