Saturday, March 22, 2014

My first Bridal Shower...


Hi,

Happy Saturday to you all.

Today is the Bridal Shower for JT's sister Dana. I am not going to the shower, but as I know Dana reasonably well. I wanted to make her a really nice card and as we don't do Bridal Showers in the UK, this is my first ever card for this occasion.

JT and I attempted this when we had our UK playdate a couple of weeks ago, but I think both of our efforts were slightly off the mark..

So I made the main card that you see today, when I got home last weekend. I didn't blog about it sooner, as I kept forgetting to take a photo in the morning, as it needed actual daylight.

It is a Silhouette file and it cuts the dress with a perf, so you can fold it over, it also cuts the extra panel and the waistband. I decided that I wanted the extra panel to stand out a bit more, so I embossed it with a fancy folder I have. Then I made the waistband wider. I decided that that card was too small and mounted it onto a card embossed using the same folder. The sentiment came with a Stamping Bella stamp.

I am super pleased with the outcome, it's gorgeous!! I only hope it doesn't get ruined in the post :(

Cx

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Claire, I love the outline of the dress..the bride to be will be thrilled! Thank you for your comment on my blog yesterday, I am going to email you, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx