Friday, April 4, 2014

Freestyling butterflies..


Hi,

I am very happy it is Friday, it has been a hard week :(

To celebrate I am entering Card Concept #7 - Use a Butterfly theme -

I decided to give 'Freestyle Collage' another go - once again I hope I have interpreted it right, because I have only attempted this a couple of times..

The main photo today is my entry - I know I always say how pleased I am with things, but this little beauty really put a smile on my face!

I used the colours of the butterfly in the inspiration photo as my starting point. I decided to use a hexagon Silhouette file I have and because I wanted the hexagons that sit inside the frame to be different colours I cut 3 of the hexagon file - meaning I have 2 to play with another day - YAY!

I rooted through almost all of my paper searching for the right backing paper, the piece I have finally settled on is by Studio Calico. The butterfly was trial and error - I tried different sizes before settling on what you see now and they were cut with a xCut die. I added bling and a peel-off sentiment.

Here's an angled view for a better look at the butterflies.

Angled view
I love it - it's fun, it's bold and it's a bit different - freestyle I hope :)

Happy Friday everyone.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Love the hexagon use and the layered butterfly - that is fierce for a butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the repeating hexagon element and pretty layered butterfly, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of all the hexes and the layering of the butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have taken the butterfly colours & created this card with hexagons & such a pretty butterfly, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the die cut hexagons repeating the shape in the DP Claire. A gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx