Thursday, July 24, 2014

Simon Says Stamp...July Card Kit...


Hi,

Yesterday during WOYWW I showed one of the cards I have made using parts of the SSS July card kit.

I am currently away with work.hiking or something (Sadface)..I will be home later tonight, then I can comment on WOYWW.

My main photo is one of a batch of cards I made for OWH using the envelope and sentiment stamps from the set. I stamped the envelopes on scraps and then cut them out. Aren't they pretty!

Little Stack of Envelopes
I played with the layouts a LOT, finally I settled on placing the envelopes in the right place, stamping the sentiment - checking it a million times and THEN sticking them in place :)  I raised one envelope on a foam pad for a teeny bit of dimension.

Here's a different layout..

Portrait green envelopes
Because of the colour of the scraps I chose, I decided to make the focus colour of the cards either green or pink.

I love the sentiment stamps from this set, they are so elegant.  These were fun cards to make..I am loving this kit, it was made for OWH.

They both feel like Happy Mail :)

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, hope your 'hike' went ok:) Love the card, you are right the enveloped are so cute and what a fab sentiment! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That envelope stamp is such a joy - you can do so much with it and you have totally nailed it with these layouts. Fun! I think the colors and sentiment are great. My friend in the Navy was complaining the cards they usually get while posted overseas are like the holiday-rejects (Valentines cards that linger around for months, for example) and these are perfect for the OWH. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx