Friday, July 18, 2014

Using neutral tones...


Hi,

Happy Friday!!

Hubby and I are off to Atlantic City tonight, to start his birthday celebrations.

Last weekend, I decided I would work with only papers from my overflowing 'brown' paper drawer!!

I am really pleased with them both. The main card has an added bit of texture with the corrugated card. I like all the layers and different papers. I used pearls and bling for the cake and the corner of the card. The cake stamp and die and the sentiment are by SSS.

The next card has a funny story associated with it..I used my shiny new Memory Box feather die to make the card and then promptly lost the die...I kid you not, I cannot find it anywhere?!

Feather Birthday
Well, at least I got to use it once!! I made a small mistake with the heat embossing, as you can see, I kind of knocked the top off of the word happy! I love the little bunch of feathers, they are so cute..shame that I won't get to do this again until I find/replace the die..

Have a great weekend everyone..

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hubby!!! Have a fantastic weekend at Atlantic City!!! Love these cards...I love brown used in crafts and the feather die is gorgeous-you have to find it!! If it's any consolation, I've done the same..hunted high and low, nothing...then a few weeks later it turned up between two pieces of card, no idea how it got there! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, love the many neutrals you used for the wedding card, and how you set the 'linen' cake off to one side.

    So you went to Atlantic City? That's only an hour from me! You live in NJ?

    Thanks so much for leaving love at my blog recently. So nice of you!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx