Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Retro Rubber #10...Embossing Powder..


Hey,

It's time for Team A to join in the latest Retro Rubber challenge. 


This time we are asking you to use embossing powder on your project. Don't forget to use stamps that are over a year old.

I do love heat embossing. I decided it would be fun to stamp and heat emboss onto vellum. If you get it right, then the heat embossed image comes out really crisp on vellum.

I used a really old Kaisercraft dressform stamp, I love it and I have used it tons..to the point where I actually had to put it away :)

I added some lovely grey leopard print washi tape that my friend Lianne sent me in the post, then I affixed the vellum to my card blank using mini staples.

I stamped the sentiment (by SSS) and added some black bling for the finishing touch.

Here's a close-up, so you can see the glossy heat embossed dressform better.


It's your turn to join in the fun, pop over to Retro Rubber to see the fab creations by my teammates.

Cx



6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the look of embossing on vellum! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card - love the contrast between the retro image and the modern leopard pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. Love the dress form image and the added fun touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, do not put this stamp away again - it's so cool!! I love the washi tape which adds such a great element to this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a very old Home Ec grad, I REALLY appreciate your card. There was a time when I actually enjoyed sewing but not so much any more. Anyway, I love your card and the washi print is such a sweet detail! Good job, mate!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx