Saturday, May 30, 2015

Playing in the craft room...

Hey,

So recently I've been doing all kinds of playing, making random cards for my personal use.

I thought I'd show you a few of them.

The main photo is a fun birthday card for a guy - I used new-ish Neat and Tangled block stamps, a Crafty Cuts Happy die, a SSS stitched rectangle die and some inks. I die cut Happy out of white card stock and blended some distress inks to get the mottled colours.
It turned out well and I made a few more in different colours.


The card above I made purely to show a non-crafty friend what would happen when I used the new scalloped ovals and the stitched oval dies - both by MFT.
I thought they would work well with one of my latest freebie stamps - the birdcage. When I opened the package a bunch of patterned papers fell out - sweet! I based all the colours around the busy floral paper and kept it as clean as possible.
LOVE the new oval dies.


My final card uses my new Simon Says Stamp Lila's Heart stamps and dies. Aren't they gorgeous! I coloured the girl and the hearts using Promarkers. I stamped the different heart stamps in various colours onto the white background paper. One of the hearts was die cut and mounted for a bit more dimension.The sentiment is also by SSS and is from the Square Sayings set.

Fun cards - they use my stash really well and are already winging their way to new homes..

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Oh these are gorgeous Claire.. you have been busy… love the variety of styles! the first one is vibrant and cheery… love the Happy letters!
    the 2nd one is really pretty and has a lovely vintage feel to it… LOVE the floral paper!
    and what a cute stamp and die set for the last card… the mounted heart balloon looks really cool !!
    Loved your story about the toads… never knew they made noises like that too!! gosh no wonder I hear so many weird noises in the night… and there was me thinking it was the neighbours! ;-)) Lol
    Hope you can stay cool in the heat... have a great weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, the bottom is my favourite as the colours are stunning together and the layers and dimension you've created is perfect. The coordination of the middle one is perfect - great use of those freebies! I think that's a perfect little card, something I'd be proud to make and great demonstration of a plan coming together me thinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three gorgeous cards Claire, fab use of your freebies! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx