Friday, June 26, 2015

Watercolour Wings

Hey,

Happy Friday everyone!!

I have had an eventful week..more about that soon..

I thought I'd share another fun little card I made using part of my Stampin' Up Demonstrator starter kit.

The butterfly is from the Watercolor Wings set -


I loved the idea of constructing the butterfly.

I stamped the various parts of the butterfly using Distress Inks onto Tim Holtz watercolour paper. Then I spritzed the butterfly with water and dabbed up any big drips and dried it with a heat tool.

It created a really cool smudged effect.

The sentiment stamps are by Paper Smooches.

I added the hearts and some splatter for my finishing touches.

Fun, can't wait to try different colour variants.

Have a great weekend..I will be resting my foot in hope of being healed enough to come out of the bootie on Tuesday.

Remember if you want to buy this stamp set you can find a link to my store in the sidebar.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Good morning sweetie, I love this creation and the colours you have chosen :0) hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is a gorgeous card Claire… love the pretty colours and the fab hearts! :-)
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend and fingers crossed that you can lose the bootie next week!! ;-)
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having fun with that kit aren't you! Gorgeous card - love the colours, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fab way to create really unique butterflies. I love that some are more precise, some more gradient colors. So many options with that. Did you get the watercolor background effect with the spritz? The little hearts add a lot of charm as well, nice touch x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx