Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year, New Challenge...


Hey,

Happy Friday..

Before I leave for London tonight, I wanted to play along with the latest Simon Says Monday AND Wednesday Challenges...

They are both 'Something New' and the Monday DT used Tim Holtz products..so I did that too.

I went with two New themes - Happy New Year and new stash :)

I recently bought the Tim Holtz and Sizzix Alphanumeric dies, but haven't had a chance to use them.

I used them for this card to die cut the words Happy New Year out of Tim Holtz watercolour paper, that I coloured using Worn Lipstick distress ink, blended using different strengths of ink to create the colour variation.

I stacked them onto a die cut piece of the watercolour paper and then used a new Tim Holtz grid stencil with Ferro Metallic Paste.

I love the end result, a little bit funky, like the friend it is going to :)

Have a great weekend, see you in London next week...

Cx



2 comments:

  1. Such a super new year card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Claire! I love the ombre Happy New Year...Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx