Wednesday, May 25, 2016

WOYWW #364..Seventh Anniversary...


Hey,

Happy WOYWW, it is the Seventh Anniversary of WOYWW today and ATC swap day.

Our illustrious leader Julia is away this week and so Lunch Lady Jan or LLJ is the hostess with the mostess, over at her blog Lunch lady Jan's Fabric Frenzy.

I am not joining in the ATC swap this year, I just didn't have the time this year with my large project at work.

I think Cara will be happy with my desk this week, she's always telling me it's too tidy.. I signed up for a Dina Wakely art journal class run by The Inkpad NYC and so I wanted to have a little play before the class. On my desk you can see my art journal front and centre, my paint pallet, waterpots and brushes, my coffee from the local deli, a piece of scrap grid paper for stamping on and various other bits and bobs.

Because I work from home from my craft desk, my enthusiasm for staying at my desk to make cards is not there. I felt I needed something more unstructured, but I am SO linear that it can't be too random..

So I thought painting would be good and then I was turned onto the idea of Art Journaling by Cheiron.

I am loving what I am creating and it's such a fun, messy way to spend 30 mins immediately after work, then my mojo returns and I spend another hour or so playing at my desk before Hubby comes home.

Here's the spread you can see on my desk..not sure if it's finished or not, but that's the fun part of art journals, you can come back to a page if you want to.


Because I like structure in some shape or form, I traced around oval dies to create the egg like shapes. I then die cut tissue paper in the two sizes and stamped over it. Before collaging the stamped ovals onto the page, I broke out the water colours and painted around the egg shapes. 

The stamped tissue pieces got applied using Liquitex Multi Matt Medium, as did the butterflies.

I then used a Faber Castell Pitt Big brush pen in black and white to draw around all the shapes and add some interest to the blue watercoloured eggs..

I love bling..so...

Here's a close up, so you can see the details.


Fun times right? Best bit is..because of all the different techniques I love to try, I have only had to buy a journal..I have everything else in my craft room.

Happy Seventh Anniversary everyone, especially big shout out to Julia, you are awesome and WOYWW gives me so much every week, even if I don't join in.

Cx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely & bright journal page , enjoy your class . Jill #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 7th WOYWW Claire! Thank you for joining in the celebrations today :-D. I really love those pages of yours, the simplicity of the oval shapes really appeals to me and the colours work really well! It made me laugh that Cara will be happy with your messy desk, lol, that's a true friend to have, huh?!
    Hugs, LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great journal page!
    I am determined to visit everyone. I have dedicated today to WOYWW. (a freezer meal for hubby I'm afraid!)

    Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary
    Lisca#16

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW Anniversary! I love your journal spread! i'm just getting started in art journaling myself-great at backgrounds; haven't quite made the finishing transition! LOL! Very jealous on Dina's class; will get to one someday. Happy crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY WOYWW #7
    Does your work understand not to pile on the homework when you want to just relax and craft lol but I get it gotta pay the crafty bills with it :P
    My Birthday is in June so I'll start the candy next week just have to figure out what some new stash and some I'm no longer using to keep me in check.

    hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journal pages, love it. Wishing you a happy and crafty 7th woyww anniversary, Angela x 30

    ReplyDelete
  7. The page looks great! Love how colourful it is.

    Happy WOYWW anniversary
    Sharon k #43

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh - How I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Art Journal page Claire! the colors, the composition, the Energy...smile. I have been playing in my journals now for about four years and I have to share that this has been the one most freeing and liberating exercise which has allowed me to finally find, explore and develop my own inner artist, (happy dance) and I wish the same wonderful journey for you. Happy 7th WOYWW Anniversary! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera WOYWW #58

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful journalling! . Happy WOYWW! Sorry for the late arrival. Elaine no. 33

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am determined to get round all the desks in celebration of the fun we have with all our mad WOYWW friends so here I am! That's a beautiful journal page. Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary - here's to many more! x Jo #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great journal page. Love the colors!
    Happy anniversary!!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only a week late in getting here! Definitely looking better, but it could still be messier *grin*
    Love the art journal, looking good! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx