Monday, October 24, 2016

I'd rather be in NYC...


Hey,

Happy Monday to you.

I am off today, as I am finally teaching the class that got interrupted in April by Bill Clinton :)

I saw this week's Paper Players challenge and I fell in love with the sketch -


My Goddaughter turns 21 in November and she is heading to NYC with a chunk of our family to celebrate her birthday.
I have been planning to make her a little set of NYC focused cards to take home and the sketch inspired me to make a start.

For this card I used my brand new Newton's Nook, Newton Dreams of New York set. I have the London version of this set too..

I stamped the buildings onto my die-cut white panel. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the Newton holding an apple from the set and mounted him using foam pads slightly over the buildings.

I stamped one of the sentiments onto grey card and then punched it out using a Stampin' Up washi punch.

For the final touches I stamped the little stars from the set and added a bit of bling.

Love the simplicity of this card and I am now inspired to get on with creating the rest of the set for Amy.

Cx

7 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! This kitten works perfectly for a clean and simple solution to the Paper Players challenge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love that NY scene you created. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, so cute! I love that sweet image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super cute is this? I'm with this little cat, I love to visit NYC. Awesome and thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the sketch. I love your little kitten with his apple! So glad you joined us this week at the paper Players and thank you for rocking my sketch
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful interpretation of this sketch!!! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Goddaughter will cherish this adorable NYC card, Claire!! Congratulations on the well-deserved win at The Paper Players!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx