Tuesday, January 10, 2017

CAS Mix-Up...Inky Flowers..


Hey,

Whilst I was looking at some blogs the other day, I stumbled across a link to CAS Mix-up.

I really like the idea and the January challenge was very appealing -


I chose to use alcohol inks as my liquid colour. I like working with alcohol inks, you can create such random shapes and patterns.

I decided I wanted flowers this time and these were really simple to do and I made a few variations, but this version was my fave.

All you have to do is take a piece of glossy photo paper, drop your ink on and blow on it through a straw to spread the colour. Simple.

I added the stamping with my sentiment (by Scraptastic Club) and in the flower centres (by Concord & 9th).

My choice element was the little black pearls to finish off the flowers.

I die-cut both panels using MFT stitched rectangle dies and I love how the small purple border makes the flowers pop.

I am hoping I followed the rules correctly and that my alcohol inks count as an 'art product' for the mixed media part of the challenge, no matter, I still love it and there's always the Feb challenge to master the rules LOL.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claire. This is so creative and fun. Your alcohol ink flowers are so pretty. Great job! You have followed the rules of CAS Mix Up, but a little different than what you are thinking. You have stamping, and alcohol inks which are required, and your choice from the mixed media list would be die-cutting. :) I hope that makes sense. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thanks Loll..also I should have read the list of choices...glad I managed it accidentally though ;) Cx

      Delete
  2. I love these alcohol ink flowers, Claire! So artsy and fun! Your die cuts are counted as the extra mixed media so you're fine! Can't wait to see what you do next month! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your alcohol ink flowers turned out beautifully Clair. So bright and cheerful. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun flowers you 'blew' into shape Claire! Love the bright colors, bold sentiment and simple framing! So glad you found our CAS Mix up challenge and hope you'll join us each month! Thanks for playing! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx