Thursday, January 5, 2017

Grungy Tag Cards..

 Hey,

At the start of my Christmas break I decided to step out of my comfort zone and play with some tags, stencils and paint.

I bought these great tags on sale at Paper Source as I thought they would be great for Ranger distress techniques.

Turns out they are and they aren't..they take the ink and paint perfectly, but they rumple a bit whilst you are working..that annoyed me a bit!

Anyway...moving past my brat like behaviour..

I used distress inks to colour both the tags and then I stamped and stenciled various things onto them before adding some distress paint splashes in white, black and blue.

I was pretty pleased with how they looked after even those few steps.

I used grey card blanks and stamped directly onto these using distress inks and I spritzed them a teeny amount for a bit of blur. I added washi tape to both bases for a bit of interest.

I had been planning to make both cards Happy Birthday, but I had a spare 'Hey Girl' on my desk and it seemed to fit the card below perfectly.


I really like them and they are a bit different to my normal style, they feel a bit like my art journal, which is a world apart from my cards..not sure why that is..

Cx

2 comments:

  1. I love this grungy technique but am so bad at it myself. Maybe this year I need to give it another go. Love the stars on the first tag and the colours and Hey Girl on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i already loved these, but i double-love them after reading your last sentence!!! loveLOVElove that you are letting your instinctive art journal style come into your cards!!! (plus they are incredibly beautiful, too, so there's that!)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx