Friday, January 13, 2017

Some news...


Hey,

Happy Friday..

So I debated for a while about what to write today..

Today is my last day at work for 3 weeks as next week I will be having a Hysterectomy.

I guess people never really talk about these things and I have talked about it a lot.

In part this is the way I cope with tricky things, but also I wanted people to understand I am genuinely ok, this is just a long overdue thing that needs to happen. And on a happy note, because of this surgery, I get a bonus visit with my Ma, she arrives on Monday...I also have another surprise guest coming too - yay!

I don't want to bore you with a tale of 13 years of pain, surgeries and more pain. I'll cut to the chase. I have Fibroids, I keep getting them, they are a pain in the arse and they won't stop coming until I am post-menopause and goodness knows when that will be..

Anyway, that's it, I'll still be blogging, but majority of it will be scheduled as making things will be tricky, I am also going to be continuing on with my two DT commitments at Retro Rubber and Sketch Saturday.
Both teams have been 100% supportive and it will be a great distraction, looking at pretty things..

So what image do you share on your blog when sharing news like this? I opted for a card I made last weekend. The sentiment makes me smile.

The flowers are Bold Blooms by MFT and it is the latest addition to my growing collection of MFT flower stamps. Blue leaves are a new one for me, but I saw it somewhere and I liked it.
The sentiment is by Concord & 9th. The wonky die is by Lil Inkers and the kraft card blank was on super bargainalicious sale at Target and I bought them all - see...


Also - take a look at my 2016 highlights..what a fun craft year 2016 was and I have high hopes that 2017 will yield the same fun and success.

Finally a massive thank you to everyone that has known about this for a while and has been helping me navigate a difficult time with some semblance of grace ;)

Cx




5 comments:

  1. Good Luck with Op Claire, take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the surgery!!! My Mum had the same thing and had a hysterectomy and within months was looking better that she had in years!! Fingers crossed its the same for you. Listen to your body and rest lots, Love Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies, I am indeed going to listen to my body ;) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it is long overdue, Claire, and you will have a better quality of life afterwards. I will add you to my prayer list for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery! Just remember that to be a good patient requires patience! I'm like your second mom, you know, nagging you, haha, and I'm so pleased your first mum will be there for you!! Lots of love and hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the right decision for you Claire - and I'm sure all will go well for you next week - I have just had back surgery - and am retiring after my re-cooperation (out on short term disability right now) - I had your surgery 20 years ago and all went well - just take your time healing after - keeping you in thoughts and prayers! Julia

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx