Friday, June 23, 2017

Baby Card Frenzy...

Hey,

Happy Friday.

It's not really a frenzy!! But I did feel like all my Christmasses had come at once, as I got to make TWO baby cards at once (joy).

I LOVE making baby cards.



These are both for my colleague Jim and his wife, who finally welcomed their Daughter a couple of weeks ago.

You will remember Jim from baby quilt fame.

I made two cards, one from hubby and I and the other from my other NYC based work colleagues to send to him.

The main card is my one, I used the Studio Calico 'Celebrate Animal' stamp set, I love it, I love Studio Calico stamp sets. To make everything pop a bit, I used distress ink through a stencil to create a soft background.

The second card was so much fun to make. I used Bo Bunny glitter paste through a spotty stencil - I love glitter paste, it ends up so shimmery when it dries. The onesie / babygrow is by Clearly Besotted and I wanted it to stand out a bit more from the background, so added a loop of twine. The sentiment is by Simon Says Stamp (stamped slightly wonky..oops).

Both cards were fun to make and are really nice modern baby cards, perfect for a designer and his newly expanded family.

Off to Philly tonight to hang with friends all weekend, then next week I will be in Rochester for work, so all posts will be scheduled.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Two absolutely adorable baby cards. Love the sparkle on the second one. Hope you have a great weekend and your work trip goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elephant on the first card rocks! Love the banner and the soft stencil too. And glitter paste? What rock have I been living under? So cool!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx