Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #69.. Get your sketch on!


Hey,

As you know I am in London this week, but that doesn't mean I am not joining in with the rest of the DT for the latest fun Retro Rubber challenge.

This time we have a sketch for you -


As you know I am a big fan of sketches. I rotated this one, because I wanted to use one of the stamps from the Unity Stamp Co 'Today I am Happy' set - from May 2016..

I messily watercoloured the girl and die-cut her to fit onto my card blank, I die-cut an embossed panel with the same size die to create the other panel - I don't think my photograph shows it terribly well!

The sentiment is a new one from a batch of Market Street Stamps that I bought second-hand, I heat embossed it in white, so it would pop a bit.

Again another super simple make.

Your turn to show us your interpretation of the sketch, but first pop over to Retro Rubber and get inspired by the things that the rest of the DT have made.

Challenge ends August 25th. Don't forget to use a stamp over a year old and tell us the age of it, that is part of the fun of our challenge and please only enter 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.

Cx

7 comments:

  1. Great card and I love the white sentiment. Hope you're having some decent weather in London x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! It's hard to call it CAS with all the coloring but I love the striking results. I never think to make the sentiment vertical - have to try that a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, love your card, love the girl and that cute hat. The sentiment really makes the card pop! I hope you are having a wonderful time in London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this card is so striking! Love your colors and coloration! However, the neatest detail is the panel behind the pretty girl... it is so subtle! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little beauty! I love the blue and really am digging the blue on blue. Your coloring just gets better and better! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I'm so surprised that you bought this girl so recently. Here I was thinking it was such a retro image! Love the blues - that card base is my favourite colour. Striking and effective. I hope you're having a great time in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue on blue is so striking! Great coloring! I love this stamp! That embossing is so perfect here, a perfect pop! Hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx