Sunday, February 18, 2018

MFT Creative Olympics 2018: Event 3 Crafty Biathlon..


Hey,

So I just realised that my cards for the first two events won't qualified, as I mixed MFT products with other ones.

No matter, I am having fun, so I am still playing along with all 4 events. These things happen and 2018 is my year for putting less 'blog / craft' pressure on myself and remember to have fun.

So for event 3 MFT have a -


Choose one thing from each of the columns below and combine to make one card.

I went with Emboss Resist and Shaker.

Two of my fave things..

As I made an error with my first two cards, I was careful with my products here.

I decided I wanted to have a vague nod to the Olympics in my card, so I pulled out x2 flower sets by MFT 'Pretty Posies' and 'Large Desert Bouquet' and used a mix of circle stamps to create my embossed background. I heat embossed the circles using white powder.

I then watercoloured over the heat embossing to get the resist and I used the 5 Olympic colours.

Using my fave scalloped peek-a-boo die by MFT I die-cut through the background, to create the window for my shaker.

I filled the shaker with sequins from my stash in co-ordinating colours.

Obviously I had to add Monsters to this already awesome card and used two of the monsters from the MFT 'More Monsters' set. The sentiment is also from the set and I used stazon ink, so that it would stamp properly over the heat embossed background.

Fun, bright and cheery is the end result and it's a teeny bit busy, but I love it.

I'll be back with event 4 tomorrow.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Oh man this is amazing! Monsters and stripes and shaker this is a fab card man. Really nice stuff. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, love the shaker element. Isn't it annoying when you realise that your vision, doesn't quite fit, still brilliant cards x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx